Thursday, March 24, 2011

23032011 Swim Squad

Dear Team,

Tonight's Menu:
Warmup:
SKPKS 100 each
200m Build (Easy--Medium--Hard--Easy)

Main set:
5x100

3mins rest

6x50 Dash

Finale: 100m Relay.
KK's team: KK outswam everybody in the first wave despite starting 15-20seconds late but both team members (KH and Robert) cramped up and was generously rescued by team mates.. INSPIRATIONALLY DQ'ed! =P

Sam's Team is SOOOO OVER POWERING LA.. CHEATER BUG~~~ =ppp They are the WINNERS anyways.

Pauline's team: Pauline put on the most gracious 100m sprint I've ever seen in a competitive mood. The team fought hard especially Calvin who was so tired already and Mr Take dented my egos when he swam with such powerful catch that make the pushes he made so efficient and almost seemed effortlessly quick!

Ebnu's team is so concise on the stroke technique that coming in 2nd doesn't do them justice! LawLaw did a rescue before his swim.. LIFESAVER SIOLL.. and Wilson is just having some time of his life in the pool with all the record breaking 50s~~No wonder the 100 also so fast~ =P

----------------------------------------

The training was Superbly done. Looking at you guys spur each other on was just incredibly aspiring for me lap after lap... it keeps me invigorated!

--------------------------------------------------

KK
My stroke tonight was all about good surges and not flat out effort especially in the 50m and thus my timing are pretty slow for the 50m compared relatively to my 100s. Basically I felt that I'm never going to do any 50m flat out sprint and thus I hope to maximize my time in pool to perfect the race pace I want to race with for my 750m and 1.5km swim and above next time.

For Gen, Sam and KH (look below still got more), you guys seem to rush the catch and isn't going deep enough to do the catch properly. Be patient on the catch and make sure you create loads of resistance and bring the resistance close to your shoulder and chest area then push back hard together with the body rotation for lateral streamlining and glide.

For Lawrence, you have to work on catching outside again... Now it went back to the "TaiJi" stroke like drawing 'X's underneath your body with your arms like that in and out, in and out... I recommend reading back the post about 3-4 weeks back before you leave for shang hai and work on the catch again.. I'm sure you'll get it back over the weekend's swim if you're coming!

For Calvin, its time to have more confidence in your focus and your ability! I love your happy go lucky method of training but glad my constant nagging (ok not nagging, you already clarified that..) manage to keep you on track and your fitness and timing of swim has gradually came down and become more and more consistent! Look at the previous year's sets to confirm my findings man! I'm super happy for you and I respect your passion to keep coming to training even though it's tough for you physically being slightly bigger size than most of us and you always seem to cast yourself as the more unfit one. You're Unfit NO MORE Calvin! =)

Robert and Pauline, as mentioned as long as you work on finding your comfortable breathing and stroke rhythm, I'm sure you'll be able to do freestyle well for OSIM. It's still a long way to go! Hmmm I haven't receive any text from you for morning swim leh.... COME COME COME LETS SWIM TOGETHER! =)
Oh, please don't overuse the buoy, only when you feel that you don't have that floating feeling then use it to remind for awhile or when you're dead beat then use it to help you ease off.. Some of the triathletes I know, they love the buoy so much, they never swim without it because without it, they sink and feels handicapped. Never let that happen to you yup!


Ebnu and Musaib! You two are the most wonderful daddy and son combi I've ever seen thus far in my life and I so wished it happened to me and my bro and my dad too. You've came very far in terms of swim stroke and it is a matter of time and patience in choosing to do only what is right. That means Drills and more drills and conscious swims... but if there is anyone in the team I can trust to keep practicing with patience and smart work, its you Ebnu and I'm sure Musaib will tag along if he don't want to get his butt kicked by Saori again. =pP Oh, please don't overuse the buoy too.. look at what I said above for Pauline and Robert. =)

KH... I got nothing to say but SOLID LA BRO! =) It's tiring to race, but I hope you find a source of motivation for yourself.. not just me! Set a goal for yourself! Fitness and Health is everything in life that money can't buy and I hope you too buy into that idea for the better life of yours and the people around you! =) GAMBATTE YO!!!

Wilson.... Looking pretty shagged today but the swim was incredibly consistent! THE GIRLS (like so many like that... hahhaa) in our team are all impressed that you're swimming as fast, if not faster, than them already! THAT'S THE WAY BRO!!! EGO EGO EGO EGO EGO X 1 MILLION~!!! hahahaha..

TAKESAWA SAN! Your catch is REALLY GOOD LAH! Could see that you can really grab hold of alot of water before pushing them back! It looked like an easy/moderate effort on the outside to me.. and that is a SIGN OF GOOD SWIMMING STROKE! GAMBATTE!!!! =)

----------------------------------------------------
Without further ado... The Timings!!!!

Do note 3 things about the timing I posted:

1) Timing of Sam and Lawrence is Not accurate as one ate too full and have some stomach bloatedness problem while the other had 2 weeks of DOWN TIME in ShangHaizzzzz... =pp

2) The old timing I dug up from various places for different people so I stated the month and year at the last column. Sep-10 means September 2010. The sets of 50s and sets of 100s are from different days too but are similar in rest intervals so they are very comparables. I'm sorry I couldn't find all as sometimes also nobody reply me when I ask for timing...

3) September is a peak period for Desaru competition so if you timing right now is as fast or faster than that period then you should be really happy! =)



For comparison.......


Enjoy!
KK
"Conditioning- You have to go through it to be conditioned. You're going to have to feel some pain.. like you lungs are burning, and you know, you want to spit up blood, that sort of thing..."

2 comments:

  1. Do note that the PREVIOUS YEAR'S result for comparison are sets done on a standalone while your 6x50 last night was after a pretty tough 5x100.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No swim for 2 weeks (Away=Work+EAT+Drink) really has a big impact on endurance. I got a bigger tummy, so I wonder it helps in the float control department :P

    ReplyDelete