Thursday, April 28, 2011

27042011 Swim Squad timing (part 1)

Guys, attached is the timing for tonight's swim. We could see some wildly inconsistent timing and we could also see some really good pacers who did negative sets on the long 10 sets of 50s and 100s.

Mr Take and Sam are both very very good at controlling their pace and both manage strong finishes all the time. Very impressive. =)

It's worth noting that the 5th, 6th and 7th set are the demoralizing ones when we know there are half way more to go. However, these timing reflects weak mental training and not accustomed to doing large numbers of sets regardless of effort.

I promise to write up an article regarding intensity and motivation in swim and sports in general soon. Need to get the weekend tribob sprint series over and done with first.

Here you go for the timings, vincent haven't gave me yet and thus I will update his once its done up but his 2 weeks off from swim caused about a 10seconds lapse from the 6th hundred onwards I think? He did manage to will it back the last couple of sets if I didn't remember wrongly... tonight was one of the nights I was so concentrated on getting my strokes right I can't really see much flaws other than my own. I have just a few to share but I shall do that tomorrow night as its 2AM now and I hope to wake up feeling fine (today got sore throat.. =( ) and go for a run with Andy. The mistakes are all streamlining problems and some misconception about hard swims for Ebnu's side. Take has a recovery and high head problem (like last time?!).. ok i shall stop.. til tomorrow........




Note: Usually swimmers do 10x100 on best time + 10seconds. I figured us old people need some time to get accustomed to such sets first before we cut the rest time shorter gradually. See how kind and merciful I am? =ppppp

Cheers
KK

No comments:

Post a Comment