Saturday, April 23, 2011

5X300m timing UPDATED with average of 50s!


The average per 50m will allow us to see the increased/decreased in effort over the hard and moderate 300m sets.. and also the consistency of effort over the sets.

Guys, it is a tough set and no doubt tougher when done by one self or even as a small group. Made me realize how much I rely on you guys to push past my limits time and time again and I'd thank you guys for that.

Yukari went a little too strong at the build set from the start. The purpose of the build set is to prepare your body AND MIND by gradually increasing the effort.. as such, do start an easy 50 by really really easy effort. Imagine splashing and swishing the water with care for technique and little bit of everything else.

Lastly, I just have to complain.. HOW COME YOU ALL (EVEN WILSON WHO DID BY HIMSELF) UNANIMOUSLY DID WITH 2MINS REST AND STILL DID NOT COMPLETE THE 5TH SET???? AIYOOOOO!!!!!

Will write up an article regarding my views on intensity, intensity maintenance and the mental aspect of hard training, i.e motivation and perseverance.

Cheers
KK

1 comment:

  1. I did the first 3 with 1 min rest instead of 2. I took the 2 mins rest before going for the 4th set.

    ReplyDelete